Home

Monday 27 April 2015

Serious about stoneware

My current obsession is stoneware- the rustic-finished, mismatched ones that look so darn pretty on any table.

I was in the market for some basic dinner plates and since i didn't want to spend much on a proper dinner set at the moment, it was proving to be a difficult task. The basic range from Tesco, Sainburys and the like were all either plain or had an overdose of designs on them. Being a fan of minimalistic designs on dinnerware (or anything rather), this was a definite no. 

That's when i came across the stoneware range from Ikea and instantly fell in love with the simple dinner plate. At £2.50 per plate it was a steal and the green border was very similar to the Denby ones. I love the size, the look and feel of it and the slight class it beings forth, by just being stoneware. Its a bit on the heavier side, but hey, you win some, you lose some right!

Denby also has some gorgeous stoneware, but I'm not sure I'd want to spend a fortune on everyday dinnerware. Also, they haven't brought out a new collection in ages, and I'm slightly bored with their azure, monsoon and heritage collections, which are forever on sale, but even then quite expensive.

Nom Living at the Columbia Road Flower Market has some really interesting ceramic stoneware pieces and i can vouch for the quality, but the only problem is, they are open only on Sundays and we all know how the chaos on Sundays :)

And my favourite of the lot Anthropologie...sigh! If only they didnt cost an arm and a leg. Its a store i can spend hours browsing. They have the most gorgeous kitchenalia and I do have a few precious pieces from there, but not enough to quench my prop obsession. Their sales are pretty good, so keep a look out and splurge.

I'm trying to collect a few unique pieces for 'the home' and for that,  I've put together an inspiration board of sorts which I'm lusting after at the mo... 

N





(Image courtesy Pinterest, with original sources on my board My Kitchen Antics)

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea! We wont have access to over 90% of the delicious stuff you talk about over here in India, but i still look forward to heading here for the eye candy. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete