Home

Tuesday 9 June 2015

The entryway effect

With all this house hunting taking away a huge chunk of my time, and with us kind of closing in on a house, I am now a bit obsessed with certain aspects that i most certainly want in 'the house.' Much of which the husband disapproves, but who's listening.

An attractive entry way is one of those things and i think it absolutely makes a difference. If not overtly presented, I think a minimalistic, evenly toned entry way makes for a lasting first impression. I mean even using a pretty shoe storage cabinet at the entry way can act as a show piece- the options are endless. 

I strangely notice entry ways in houses and I've started collecting bits and pieces to put on a beautiful console table. Below are some of my favourites, and I'm hoping that they will provide me enough inspiration in the future.

I love the Indian touch here. The cushions, although absolutely gorgeous, I'm not sure what purpose they serve in a basket at the entry way. I will have to come up with another idea. The green recycled glass bottle- swoooon!

This is not really my style but I love how the pop of green from the Maidenhair fern breaks the monotony. Note to self- a pretty plant makes everything look fancy.

Call me boring, but i absolutely love this setting. The colours, the candle, the skeleton branch, the minimalism. I can see myself adapting this style at some point.

This my dear friends is a dream entry way and while we are at it, a dream stairway too. This would be my entryway if i win the lottery and buy a summer house in Palm Springs, California. 

You could go all out and do one like this with a place to sit down and put on your boots, hang coats etc. It would need a wider space i feel, for it to not look cramped and in your face.

Another beautiful Indian setting. I love everything about this image.

Images are all courtesy of Pinterest, original sources linked here

No comments:

Post a Comment