Home

Friday 12 June 2015

Where your brain starts working ...............


People find peace in so many places, and we all know that a lot of them have said so many times that bathrooms are on of the places. All the brainstorming happens there, be it bath or shower. You are with yourself completely and the thoughts flow in freely. Keeping and decorating this place is to one’s liking becomes very important as we spend some of the most peaceful moments of the day - well if you take away those rush hour wars that happen for it. When I did my old house, although it took time, decorating the bathroom was a very entertaining task. I started with picking a colour scheme. I wanted colours to represent fresh & clean atmosphere. The bathroom itself was very bright and had lot’s of light coming in.
So, considering all this, I went for yellow and grey which worked really well in the small space.

I got rid of the bath which was taking too much space in the small bathroom and went for a power shower.
Kept decorative pieces to a minimum and had lots of shelves so that I can chuck everything inside. Planning the space and organizing the hundreds of shower gels and shampoos is the main aspect. However, putting the finished product together and decorating it is the entertaining bit.The below picture is my old bathroom, we had to move to this new house only after a year I was done with this so that’s a shame and I am back to square one where I have plan and decorate this one :( and thus I go to my rescue crew pinterest to pick up ideas for it :)

I love the mirror:) picked up a white one for 5 pounds in homebase and painted it. It has embossed flowers and I am so proud of the finished product given my patience and painting skills :) 

Again, the laundry basket was painted and the my son's idea to have grey stripes , so we used a masking tape and painted grey stripes on the top 

The tiles are grey which makes the space look bigger and brighter with all that light through the window. 



Really love the patterned tiles !!





Can do with some dark colours now !!




Oh...I love that green - isn't it pretty ??



There are more on the DID pinterest board for you to gaze at :)

G

No comments:

Post a Comment