Home

Friday 15 May 2015

Balcony Garden Inspiration

We are right in the middle of May and summer is knocking on our doors! I have a pretty long balcony which right now houses a couple of dead flower baskets and two rose plants. But come summer I have big plans of converting my balcony into a green space. Of having my morning tea in the green bliss, having summer parties, spending long summer evenings drinking Pimms and puffing on the hookah. Of course I have been looking at Pinterest for inspiration and I found oodles of it. If only execution was as easy, specially for a non gardener like me. Sharing some of the photos which have me totally hooked, I wish I could create something like this. Any suggestions on balcony makeover is more than welcome. But please remember I am a novice.

This one looks like a narrow Parisian balcony. What I like is the gorgeous sunlight of course, not too many plants overcrowding the narrow space, the blue furniture and the other blobs of colour. This looks doable. What say? Image source here.

Now this is a wow space! My dream balcony looks like this. Don't think I have the capacity to create something as beautiful as this. But it's worth dreaming, isn't it? Image source here.

These old wine crates seem all rage for planting. Lusting after them! Image source here.

How easy these guys make it look? I wish I could put up a green space as effortlessly! Image source here.

Ah to have such a nook in your house! Deep sigh! And utter longing! Image source here.

See the guy there in the photo I want to be him in my next birth. I am sure he is the gardener with a giant green thumb who used old pots and boxes to create a fabulous space like this and grows all his veggies there too. Image source here.

All the images are taken from Pinterest, on DID's Pinterest account we have a board called Balcony Garden Inspiration. The photos I have shared is just tip of the iceberg, there are loads more, do check it out and follow us on Pinterest. We are slowly and steadily building it up.
P.S. I have tried to link the photos to their original sites, but could not find the specific posts on which they were showed.

No comments:

Post a Comment